VIA FERRATA IN SPECTACULAR ASTEROUSIA MOUNTAINS
Join us in some of the most isolated, beautiful and extraordinary landscapes in Crete... A day in this spectacular Via Ferrata, the only one in Crete, will reveal you the last unexplored part of Crete.
This spectacular Via Ferrata is the only one in Crete and is located in a remote location on Asterousia Mountains on south Crete. The Via Ferrata route crosses the first part of a gorge, traverses the south face of Mountain Kofinas offering breath-taking views to Crete’s south coast and Mediterranean Sea.
After the Ferrata we continue to the isolated coastal village of Ai Giannis where we can swim and relax in the beautiful beach.
We invite you to participate in this unique fun activity which builds group spirit and self-confidence. Just dare to do it and you will be amazed of what you can achieve!!!
Equipment: Daypack (approx.15-35l), 1 pair of shoes -trekking shoes or sport, water bottle, hat, sun cream, sun glasses, swimming suit, towel.
- Total estimating time for the Via Ferrata is 3 hours
- Grade: Moderate (This activity is suitable for anyone in good health and normal fitness)
Note on Itineraries: Please bear in mind that the itinerary can be altered for numerous reasons beyond our control (e.g. harsh weather, trail conditions) to ensure the safety and the well being of the group. The final trip selection is left up to the trip leader.
Activity Level: Participants need to be in good shape with a little of experience in climbing. Not suggested for people who are afraid of heights or suffer from vertigo.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Transfer from/to Heraklion to/from the location of the activity. (Pick up points: Heraklion city, Amoudara)
- Experienced guide(s)
- All special equipment for the activity (ropes, helmets, belaying devices, harnesses, e.t.c.)
- Light snack
- Third party insurance
- All taxes
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Transfer to/from other areas (on request)
- Translator (upon request with an extra cost).
- All meals
- Other personal expenses