CANYONING in the stunning Tsoutsouras
Crete is renowned as a paradise for canyoners! Joining this daily excursion, we offer you the possibility to verify Crete's reputation, in a small and relatively easy, however staunning gorge: the gorge of TSOUTSOUROS, in South Crete.
Tsoutsouros gorge is one of the most beautiful technical canyons in Asterousia Mountains on south Crete. It is ideal for canyoning as it is easy to cross and quite narrow mainly at its end. It is well belayed, perfect for the training of new explorers. After you’ve crossed its middle, it gets steeper and narrower, with bigger descents and more beautiful rocks. We may find water until the beginning of summer and you can cross it throughout the year with no difficulty.
The gorge ends at the south coast at Tsoutsouros village where we can swim and relax at the sandy beach, the restaurants and cafes.
Equipment: Daypack (approx.15-35l), 2 pair of shoes -trekking shoes or sport shoes that may be wet in the gorge, water bottle, hat, sun cream, sun glasses, swimming suit, second t-shirt, second short.
Note on Itineraries: Please bear in mind that the itinerary can be altered for numerous reasons beyond our control (e.g. harsh weather, trail conditions) to ensure the safety and the well being of the group. The final canyoning selection is left up to the trip leader.
TECNICAL INFORMATION FOR THE CANNYON
- Total length / alt. difference: 1200m / 256m
- Total estimating time (ascent – descent): 4-5 hours
- Grade: Easy/Moderate (This canyon is suitable for anyone in good health and normal fitness)
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Transfer from/to Heraklion to/from the location of the activity. (Pick up points: Heraklion city, Amoudara)
- Experienced guide(s)
- All special equipment for the activity (ropes, helmets, belaying devices, harnesses, e.t.c.)
- Light snack
- Third party insurance
- All taxes
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
- Transfer to/from other areas (on request)
- Translator (upon request with an extra cost).
- All meals
- Other personal expenses