A general description of the island of Crete
In order to start DAYDREAMING!
- A very mountainous island, with an extremely diversified landscape and ground relief, which makes it very interesting and endless. Here new discoveries and exploration never ends!
- The great advantage of Crete: possibility to visit very different areas, in a very short time .. (From the forest to the desert, from the big mountains to the fascinating sea, isolated but also cosmopolitan villages ad busy cities, ancient sites that date 6000 years ago and modern technological centers full of institutions and universities).
So..... before travelling here, think and tell us your preferences:
- Sites that are too cosmopolitan, or there is mass tourism with big hotels 'all inclusive' (this is not offered as an option by our agency) ?
- Very isolated and quiet sites with small villages lost in nature?
- Sites that combine the two?
- Very wild sites that can be explored in 4X4 (not at all dangerous with our 24h support)?
- Heavenly beaches, even if they are very touristy?
- Heavenly beaches not very well known?
- Great mountains full of hiking paths?
- What else?