OUTDOOR EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING
Applications until 27/6/2019 | Number of participants: Min. 7 / Max. 12
Α programme with educational activities for certified educators, aiming to strengthen our contact with nature, to work on palpating the cultural landscape and to broaden our teaching methods and pedagogical approach.
During this course we will take part in some one-day outdoor experiential learning programmes about the Cretan culture, the Mediterranean environment and heritage and we will explore how they can be used for an educational environmental purpose.
Our objectives are:
- To promote educational activities outdoors, to come into contact with nature and meet the local people. Substantially, that is experiencing the cultural landscape
- To understand the educational richness of cultural heritage through an eco-cultural approach
- To learn by co-acting and teaching each other.
We will discuss and develop the following topics:
- Eco-psychological approaches
- Communication frame and group work skills
- Multisensory pedagogy
- Environmental learning
- Autonomy in learning and the role of school staff
We will also introduce some educational approaches as:
- Place-Based Education
- Teaching through experiential learning activities
- Τeaching based on real-world & hands-on activities
- Τeaching based on intergenerational practices
Click here to view the day-to-day description of the programme
* This trip is a private excursion, specially organized for certified teachers and educators.
* For groups of adults
* Necessary personal equipment: Sunscreen oil, Hat, Sunglasses │ Windproof │Walking or trekking shoes│ Small rucksack with your personal items
* (!) Please inform us of any dietary needs/particularities you might have (allergies, intolerances) or other health issues we have to take into consideration.