CHANIA OFF THE BEATEN TRACK: WHITE MOUNTAINS
An echanting route on the High Mountains
Explorez l'arrière-pays comme le font les locaux!
Si vous voulez une vraie journée d'escapade, loin des endroits les plus fréquentées de l'île, c'est l'occasion de vous détendre et de profiter du paysage et de la nature et d'explorer les sites archéologiques, les goûts et les villages de l'arrière-pays de La Canée. Notre guide interprète vous emmène vers certains des sites les plus beaux et intéressants sur les contreforts des Montagnes Blanches (Lefka Ori).
The High Mountains route
This itinerary requires transports from one place to another by car. Travellers must have their own car or add transport service in the provisions of the day.
- Morning visit and walk in Lakki, the last village before the high mountains, overlooking two incredible gorges, the homonymous Gorge of Lakki and the Gorge of Zourvas. Small tour to discover the village and its history. - (30 min)
- Visit at the Botanical Garden of Chania for a tour focusing on biodiversity and gastronomy (2h). Stop at the Garden's café, to enjoy the splendid balcony, some coffee and refreshments.
- Arrival at the Omalos plateau for a lunch in nature, viewing the Samaria Gorge.
- Possibility to visit a big cave and to do a small walk (20 min) to see the view of the northern Cretan coast, as well as to visit a traditional cheese factory.
- Depending on our energy and on weather conditions, it is also possible to walk to the Kallergi Shelter at an altitude of 1680 m. (3 hours distance to go and come back).
- End of the day with an afternoon relaxation on the southern coast, at the beach of Sougia.
The price includes:
- Experienced interpretive guide
- First Aid Kit
- Entrance fee for the Botanical Garden
- If you choose the hike : Walking poles (on request, depending on availability)
- Beverages and drinks that will be offered in the café of the Botanical Garden
- Lunch in nature
- Water (1 lt)
- Third Party Liability
The price does not include:
- Transport from/to your accommodation (upon request)
- If you choose the hike: Personal accident insurance, powered by Lloyd's insurance company (in this case the insurance cost is paid separately)
- Personal expenses & tips
- Anything not mentioned above
* This trip is a private excursion.
* Necessary personal equipment: Sunscreen oil, Hat, Sunglasses │Trekking or walking shoes │ Small rucksack with your personal items
* (!) Please inform us of any dietary needs/particularities you might have (allergies, intolerances) or other health issues we have to take into consideration.