CHANIA OFF THE BEATEN TRACK: APOKORONAS
With a local guide
If you want a day of real escape, away from the busiest parts of the island, this is the opportunity to relax and enjoy the scenery and the nature and to explore the archaeological sites, the tastes and the villages of the hinterland of Chania. Our interpretive guide takes you to some of the most beautiful and interesting sites and getaways to experience the island as locals do, in the region of Apokoronas.
This itinerary requires transports from one place to another by car. Travellers must have their own car or add transport service in the provisions of the day.
- The day starts with a visit in the area surrounding Aptera, an ancient city of the 4th century B.C.. Optionally, the travellers may also independently visit the organized archaeological site of Ancient Aptera (entrance fee to the archaeological site: 2,5 euros).
- Then we will walk along the Koiliaris river in a circular path to talk about Cretan nature and agriculture.
- Visit of a small church of 13th century and find yourselves before a geological surprise!
- Lunch in a tavern in Stylos village under the refreshing plane trees.
- Coffee at a traditional café of Armenoi, a small picturesque village under the plane trees, with a big history.
- Relaxing and swimming at the beach in the end of the day (optional)
The price includes:
- Experienced interpretive guide
- First Aid Kit
- Water (1 lt)
- Third Party Liability
The price does not include:
- Transport from/to your accommodation and trasfers througout the day (upon request)
- Personal accident insurance, powered by Lloyd's insurance company
- Entrance fees for organized historical / archaeological sites
- Personal expenses & tips
- Anything not mentioned above
* This trip is a private excursion.
* Necessary personal equipment: Sunscreen oil, Hat, Sunglasses │Trekking or walking shoes │ Small rucksack with your personal items
* (!) Please inform us of any dietary needs/particularities you might have (allergies, intolerances) or other health issues we have to take into consideration.