RIVER TREK - PREVELI PALM FOREST
Trekking at Kourtaliotis River, along the natural palm forest of Preveli
Spending a refreshing day at the springs and the river of Kourtaliotis. Enjoying the second most important palm forest in Crete, accompagnied by a mountain guide.
Trekking path along the river's waters, passing through one of Crete's major palm forests, the Preveli Palm Forest, which hosts the endemic Cretan palm tree of Theophrastus (Phoenix Theophrasti). Visiting the beautiful river bridge, and, depending on the group's desire and time availability, the two emblematic monasteries of the area (Entrance fees for the monasteries are not included in the price). The path leads to the beautiful sandy beach of Preveli, where the visitors can enjoy the crystalline waters.
Children can participate from the age of 12+, given they have a relative trekking experience.
- Short walk along the path of the green gorge of Kourtaliotis – visiting the sanctuary and the view point.
- Walking down the path to the Preveli River. Arriving to the palm forest and the beach. Exploration and free time.
- Light lunch in nature.
- Visiting the two monasteries of the area (optional).
The price includes:
- Experienced mountain guide
- Personal accident insurance, powed by Lloyd's Insurance company
- First Aid kit
- Light lunch in nature
- Water (1 lt)
- Walking poles (on request, depending on availability)
- Third Party Liability
The price does not include:
- Transport from/to your accommodation (upon request)
- Entrance fees for organized historical / archaeological sites
- Beverages and drinks
- Personal expenses & tips
- Anything not mentioned above
* This trip is a private excursion.
* Children can participate from the age of 12, given they have a relative trekking experience.
* Necessary personal equipment: Sunscreen oil, Hat, Sunglasses │Walking or trekking shoes │Extra pair of shoes│Swiming suit│Sea towel │Small rucksack with your personal items
* (!) Please inform us of any dietary needs/particularities you might have (allergies, intolerances) or other health issues we have to take into consideration.