SOCIAL AND ALTERNATIVE PROJECTS IN HERAKLION CITY
An insider introduces us again to the city through its civil society
The socio-economic life of Crete through the initiatives of the civil society of Heraklion city.
A half-day tour to get to know and familiarise with the social issues of our island through different social initiatives. This new program conceived for 2020 aims to present to travellers who wish to support sustainable tourism the aspects of real life of the city and of our country in total, by bringing them in contact with alternative social initiatives. Our travellers come into contact with groups of active people who participate and support alternative social and economic projects, by volunteering or working there. Trying to approach the dynamics of what we call "civil society", the tour focuses on the following topics:
- the local economy through the new concept of agriculture and food (slow food/eco-agriculture/preservation of local grains)
- fair trade and the path from production to distribution of local products as well as of international fair trade products
- Integration of immigrants into local society
During the 5 hours of the tour, you will be accompanied by our English and French speaking specialist and you will meet the representatives of 3 different groups, in the spaces where they organize and work. At the end, a superb lunch will be prepared for you.
The price includes:
- Experienced guide
- Visit of three social and economic projects in Heraklion city
- Lunch with excellent local products
- Third Party Liability
The price does not include:
- Transport from/to your accommodation (upon request)
- Beverages and drinks
- Personal expenses & tips
- Anything not mentioned above
* This trip is a private excursion.
* Necessary personal equipment: Sunscreen oil, Hat, Sunglasses (for the summer season)│ Small rucksack with your personal items
* (!) Please inform us of any dietary needs/particularities you might have (allergies, intolerances) or other health issues we have to take into consideration.