TREASURE HUNT IN THE BOTANICAL PARK OF CRETE
Activate your senses to discover the uniqueness of the Cretan flora, along with our interpretive guide
* FOR FAMILIES & CHILDREN 5-13 YEARS OLD
Scientists have described Crete as "the Miniscule Continent". Can you imagine why?
Crete is a small island in the middle of 3 continents, Africa, Asia, and Europe, and it combines characteristics of all of them! Its fauna and flora are the most impressive example of this historical and geological "sharing". Our passionate guide will make you discover the three continents in a impressively green and beautiful Botanical Park, at the outskirts of the renowned National Park of Samaria.
Just a few kilometers away from Chania, between the sea and the mountains, at the feet of the White Mountains, lies a beautiful open-air botanical garden: an area full of mysterious trees, plants and animals ready to be discovered. The well-preserved path crossing it will lead us through sensorial and educational games to the exploration of this hill and the different climatic zones that it represents.
With the help of our interpretive guide, kids and their parents will smell, touch and observe this microcosmos. The game will guide us through paths between trees and flowers in order to find clues to understand why Cretan nature is so important.
- Meeting at the Botanical Garden.
- We start to descent the hill zigzagging all along the exotic trees and plants. Treasure hunt gives us the opportunity to explore the area in more detail, while learning with fun!
- After our tour and game we will go to the garden's wonderful terrace with a great view to the northern coast, where we can relax, enjoy a traditional gastronomic cuisine from the products of the park and talk about Crete far from the touristic crowd.
Walk: Easy/ moderate | 2 route options, one longer than the other
The price includes:
- Experienced interpretive guide-pedagogue
- Programme and game materials
- Entrance fee for the Botanical Garden
- Light lunch in the Botanical Garden
- Water (1 lt)
- Third Party Liability
The price does not include:
- Transport from/to your accommodation (upon request)
- Travel Insurance (upon request)
- Beverages and drinks
- Personal expenses & tips
- Anything not mentioned above
* This trip is a private excursion
* Children from 5 to 13 years old
* Necessary personal equipment: Sunscreen oil, Hat, Sunglasses │Walking shoes
* (!) Please inform us of any dietary needs/particularities you might have (allergies, intolerances) or other health issues we have to take into consideration